Zu Magazine is a publication of Zu Media.
Staff Writer | Ashley Lawrence
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, you might be getting worked up about what’s next and it’s taking it’s toll on you. Taking care of yourself is critical because you only have one mind, body and soul. It’s okay to take time for rest and relaxation. Here are 20 ways that you can focus on yourself and have some fun while doing it.
- Read a magazine or book.
- Put down your phone when you’re out with people — don’t be rude.
- Listen to your favorite music album or artist.
- Declutter your workspace.
- Go to bed early.
- People watch.
- Listen to your body.
- Start listening to a new podcast (maybe listen to ZU Radio? Shameless plug).
- Try the 2/30 rule: 2 hours of TV, 30 minutes of exercise — chill on the Netflix consumption.
- Do a facemask (guys included).
- Get brunch.
- Look up skin care routines to keep your skin hydrated — it’s not just sleep and drinking water.
- Take vitamins.
- Laugh, a lot.
- Practice being present.
- Do one thing you’ve been putting off.
- Cook dinner (not Chic-Fil- A).
- Go to a puppy cafe — you’ll thank me.
- Sleep in.